Nemo Party! Or “MEEMO PAARTY!” as Miles says. Our little fish turned 2 on August 6, so we had a little party with his cousins to celebrate the big day.
My friend, Meagan, made these to-die-for cupcakes! Oh, they only have Oreo cream cheese filling, is all AAAND an Oreo at the bottom of cupcake!
Hugs from Gavin…
Oh, and Meagan also made these almond sugar cookies to look like Peach from Finding Nemo. Ahhhhh-mazing.
The bday boy jumped from high places, per usual,
Looked generally studly,
Opened presents – a new “super guy” – what Miles calls any super hero
Partook of the delicious treats….
(am I talking too much about the desserts? They were really good though, seriously.)
My mom and Mike got Miles a hot wheels! It was a big hit:) He loooooves it.
Getch ‘ur motor running!
1. Your kindness. So often other parents have ooh-eh and awe-ed at moments when we are leaving the park or Chik Fil A and I’ve asked you say goodbye to your friends and you give hugs (un prompted) or look them in the eyes and say “bye bye”. When you’ve wronged a friend, you are quick to say “sawry” and tack on a hug for good measure, sometimes a tackle-hug, but a hug nonetheless. It expands my heart to see such goodness in you towards others. Makes a mommy proud.
2. Your LOVE for being with people you love. Mr. Social! It’s a little early to call it, but I won’t be surprised if you, my son, are an extravert. I love getting to ask you things like, “Wanna go to Nonna’s?” because your excitement meter goes through the roof.
3. Your clever-ness. Never to be thwarted in your plans, I’ve seen you move chairs, build towers, drag daddy and say the darn cutest things in your effort to explain whatever is so extremely necessary for you have/hold/play with/or eat in any given moment. You are a determined one, my son. Most of time after your daddy and I say No or put the iPad out of reach for the 100th time, we turn to each other so you can’t see and smile at what an awesome, clever kid we have. Such determination will serve you well in life:)
4. Your snuggly-ness. Such a love bug! I don’t know when this will change but I am soaking it up for all it’s worth these days. “I hold you?” is your snuggle phrase of choice. Such a good cuddler (this will also serve you well later in life:)
5. Your smarts. Just tonight after dinner, you brought me a dry erase board to color on and then said, “M-I-L-E-S. Miles. Yay!” and clapped for yourself. Daddy & I just laughed, amazed.
We love you, buddy. We love watching you grow and learn. We are privileged to be your parents; grateful that God entrusted us with you two short years ago. Happy birthday!